The FreeForm Halloween House is back for a second year in a new location and it’s bigger and better with new fun surprises!
This highly instagrammable Halloween experience in Hollywood, CA will open it’s doors for a limited time encounter tonight October 2nd through October 7th. This year’s Halloween House brings back beloved FreeForm favorites Nightmare Before Christmas and Hocus Pocus, and welcomes new Halloween favorites to its lineup of themed photo-ops including The Addams Family and Scream.
Also new this year is the addition of Party City costumes for guests to put on for select photo spots.
A few need-to-know tips:
– Arrive early as there will likely be a line outside. You’ll need your ticket QR code to get in the door as well as your registration QR code for your wristband. The wristband is great because it allows you to use the venue’s cameras that are already set up for optimal angles and have the photos sent almost instantly to your email address. However… we found that if possible, it’s a good idea to have someone take pictures on your own device as well. Just in case you accidentally stumble into some bad lighting or the photo comes out blurry.
– There is a paid parking lot right next to the venue. This is the most convenient parking but note that it is $10 and cash-only, so be prepared for that if you plan to park in the lot. Metered street parking is also an option.
– Dress the part! The FreeForm Halloween House is all about putting yourself into the scenes of your favorite movies so feel free to cosplay, disneybound, or wear other themed outfits to help you get into character.
– Be sure to take a spin on Oogie Boogie’s wheel upstairs! You could win a variety of prizes both “tricks” and “treats.” Last year Vince hit the “Oogie’s Prize” jackpot and won a Nightmare Before Christmas Chess Set. Last night our friend Tiffany won a Nightmare Before Christmas coloring book. Not exactly equal in value, but both good prizes nonetheless.
– As always, HAVE FUN! That’s what this blog is all about and I wouldn’t recommend this experience if I didn’t have a great time. Be careful not to get too caught up in “getting the perfect photo” or let yourself be bothered by the crowds. Grab a few friends and enjoy the spirit of your favorite Halloween movies.
Tickets are $27 and available here, but they’re going quickly so be sure to get yours ASAP so you don’t miss out!