Today’s the big day!!! Pixar Pier at the Disneyland Resort is officially open and I couldn’t be more excited. That said, I’m currently at Disney World on the other side of the country and won’t be back at my home park until later this summer so I guess I’ll just have to wait. But fret not! I’ve had this fun Pixar themed recipe in my head for weeks. And I’m so excited to finally share it! If you’re like me and have to wait to experience the fun of the new pier, here’s a fun and simple Pixar inspired grilled cheese recipe to help the time pass!
- 2 slices of bread
- tomato (1 thick slice per sandwich)
- sliced cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tsp butter
- blue food coloring
- You’ll also need a star shaped cookie cutter and both meduim and large round cookie cutters
- Start by prepping your sandwich ingredients. Cut the bread in to two large circles. Then take one of the circles and cut out a smaller circle in the center leaving only the outter rim. (Circle shaped cookie cutters are helpful here, but if you don’t have any, free-handing a circle with a knife works as well).
Butter one side of each circle of bread and set aside.
- Put the cream cheese in a small dish and add the blue food coloring a couple drops at a time until you achieve the desired color (Since this is a Pixar themed recipe, the goal is the shade of blue on the Pixar Ball). Set aside.
- Take a tomato slice and use the star cutter to create a star-shaped tomato slice. Set aside.
- Place the ring-shaped bread in to a skillet over medium-high heat for about a minute or so and then flip it over to lightly toast both sides. Remove from heat.
Next place the circle-shaped bread in the skillet butter side down, place sliced cheese on top, followed by the toasted ring-shaped bread and cook until the bottom of the sandwich is toasted and the cheese is melted. Remove from heat and place the star-shaped tomato in the center of the sandwich.
- Lastly, spread the blue cream cheese around the outer rim of the sandwich. Serve warm and enjoy your quick and easy Pixar themed recipe!