Florida is famous for its sweet and juicy oranges. Everywhere I turn there’s a photo of an orange. It must have rubbed off on me because I was craving something that tasted like Orange Bang (a fave from my childhood) and thought it would be fun to make it a slush and serve it in the orange cups. The finished result reminded me of Disney World’s iconic Orange Bird. And thus, the Orange Bird Slush was born! Homemade Citrus Swirl, anyone? This isn’t quite citrus swirl but I love it just as much and hopefully you will too.
Here’s the recipe:
- 3 Large Oranges
- 2 Ice Trays filled with Orange Juice, frozen solid
- 1 1/2 cups of Whipped Topping (like Cool Whip)
- Mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- Slice the oranges in half and scoop out pulp into a medium bowl. Be careful not to include any orange seeds.
- Add the bowl’s contents, the frozen orange juice cubes, and the whipped topping to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Scoop the blended mix into the orange juice cups, adding a sprig of mint if desired. If you like Citrus Swirl, I have a feeling you’ll love this homemade frozen treat! Enjoy!