Confession: My daughter and I love all things colorful and sparkly. So naturally, we are absolutely in love with Tamatoa’s fabulously glam style in Disney’s Moana! I decided to follow the lead of the world’s shiniest crab and created this simple sunglasses DIY to take a Tamatoa disneybound from drab to fab in just 3 easy steps. Shiny!!!
What you’ll need for your Tamatoa disneybound sunglasses:
- A pair of sunglasses (I chose a pair that is partially rimless, with purple lenses)
- Miniature seashells
- Gold spray paint
- Glue (I used a glue gun, but anything strong and sturdy will work)
What to do:
- In a well ventilated area, spread the seashells out on to a well-covered work area and gently spritz them with a light coat of the spray paint. Let them dry completely, then flip them over and do the same to the other side. Repeat this step until the shells are completely coated all over with gold paint. Allow to dry.
- Dab a small dot of glue to each gold seashell one by one and place it on the rim of your sunglasses, holding it in place until it adheres on its own. Repeat this step with each shell until the rim is covered to your liking. Remember, Tamatoa’s shell is completely covered with all sorts of jewels and knickknacks. So if you’re doing a Tamatoa disneybound, don’t be afraid to get creative. Overlap the shells, add in your own beads…go nuts! (Just be careful not to make the glasses too heavy)
- Let the glue dry completely.
Now put them on and be shiny in your Tamatoa disneybound!!!