I took a break from my usual Mickey-shaped food recipes to gives some love to everyone’s favorite silly ol’ bear! We all know Oreo cookies work great for edible Mickey and Minnie ears, but for these honey cupcakes I switched things up and used Mini Nilla Wafers to make Pooh ears! Enjoy!!!
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (softened, room temp)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
Honey-Vanilla Buttercream Frosting (and Pooh ears)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened, room temp)
- 3 1/2 cups powdered (confectioners’) sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp milk
- Nabisco Mini Nilla Wafers
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line cupcake pan with paper liners
- In a large bowl, cream together honey, butter, and sugar. Continuing to mix, add in eggs one at a time followed by salt and then baking powder. Once creamy, alternate between stirring in flour and milk a little at a time, until all is incorporated and the batter is smooth (careful not to over-mix)
- Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 full with batter (I like to use an ice-cream scoop for this step)
- Bake 18 -20 minutes and let cool for 30 to 45 minutes before frosting.
- Combine butter, sugar, honey, milk, and vanilla in a medium bowl and mix until smooth and creamy.
- When the cupcakes are completely cool, frost cupcakes with desired amount of buttercream (I tend to go lighter than usual with these because the cupcakes themselves are rather sweet and flavorful). Insert “Pooh Ears” aka Nilla Wafers side by side in to the cupcake.
- Take a picture, share it with me (use @erikaenchanted_ or #castlecravings) and enjoy! 😉