Happy First Day of Fall!!!
To celebrate Autumn, here is a super easy decorating DIY! To add a Disney twist, I’m calling these Chip and Dale Acorn Cookies! All you need is a pack of Nutter Butters, pretzel sticks, chocolate chips, and wax paper to create a no-bake Autumn treat that even the pickiest of chipmunks will enjoy!
What you’ll need:
- Nutter Butters
- Pretzel Sticks
- Chocolate Chips
- Wax Paper
How to Assemble the Acorn Cookies:
- Cut each Nutter Butter cookie in half and set aside. Next, break the pretzel sticks in half and set them aside as well (note: you’ll need an equal amount of Nutter Butter halves and pretzel stick halves).
- Place a handful of pretzel sticks in a ziplock bag and crush the pretzel sticks in to crumbs. Leave the crumbs in the bag for later.
- Put the chocolate chips in to a small bowl and melt them in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- To assemble your acorn cookies, open each Nutter Butter half and place a pretzel inside then re-close. Use a spoon to coat flat top half of the cookie and the area around the pretzel with chocolate to hold it in place. Lay the acorn flat on top of a sheet of wax paper and sprinkle with pretzel crumbs. Repeat this step with each cookie, then place the wax paper sheet in the the freezer for 5 minutes to allow chocolate to set. Remove from freezer.
- Invite Chip and Dale over for an awesome first day of Fall acorn cookies party! Enjoy!!!