- 2 cans of SPAM
- Kikkoman Teriyaki Baste and Glaze
- 2 cups calrose rice (cooked in 4 cups of water using package directions)
- 2 packs of roasted seaweed snacks (or whole, un-roasted seaweed sheets cut to size)
- Slice Spam in to small, thin (about a quarter inch thick) rectangles.
- Add 2 tbsps of teriyaki glaze and using your hands, gently coat the spam pieces.
- In a large pan over medium heat, grill a layer of spam pieces for about 1 minute on each side. Repeat until all of the spam has been cooked. (Note: the goal here is to lightly caramelize the spam on each side. Be sure to keep an eye on it and adjust the stove temperature as necessary to avoid burning the spam.)
- Once cooked, Toss spam pieces with another 1/4 cup of teriyaki glaze.
- To assemble the appetizers, take 1 piece or roasted seaweed and lay it flat, horizontally. Add about a teaspoon of cooked rice to one side. Next add one piece of spam on top of the rice and fold the other side of the seaweed over to form a “taco” shape. Continue the process until all ingredients have been used. These can be made ahead of time and wrapped in plastic wrap to refrigerate. Remove them from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before your party and serve at room temperature.